Apr 12, 2009

An Afternoon with Dennis


Fashion designer, Dennis Basso has outfitted all different kinds of people in his well known luxury fur: NY socialites, celebs, movie characters, and hip hop artists, (just to name a few). His luxurious mink/ sable coats and chic alligator handbags are just a few of the fashion pieces he is known for. (I'm sure PETA just loves him)

{Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada- wearing a Dennis Basso fur coat}

Luxury is what he's known for best- so I wouldn't really expect anything less from his own getaway home, which was featured in Elle Decor this month.
Him and his partner, Michael Cominotto have about 4,000 square feet of outdoor living space on the Long Island village of Water Mill. They love to retreat here from the chaos of the city. Being big fans of the outdoors, they will have friends (like Tori Burch) over for lunch, drinks and swimming on the weekend.
His one story poolhouse is a 50 ft long x 20 ft wide space. All I can say is that I'm so completely envious!

His navy and white color scheme was conceived by interior designer, Kenneth Alpert. Blue and white ceramics, high backed wicker chairs, ginger jar lamps, leather ottomans, and Sunbrella fabrics, are just some of the features that draw me to this space. Oh and did we mention the fully stocked bar, delicious entrees and desserts to boot?
Dennis, we'll join you for a cocktail any day!

4 comments:

Karena said...

I loved the article about Denis, his home, and decor! Fabulous, and his fashion designs, wow!

franki durbin said...

wow. I really need to open those issues sooner. turns out I'm a fan of Dennis. Gotta love his sartorial prowess!

Jolena said...

My heart is aching for those beautiful furs! I of course love the space too and need to see more.. I am certain I will be picking up an Elle today! Thanks girls!
xx
Jolena

Maria Killam said...

Stunning pool house that's for sure! Great article!