Jan 12, 2009

Kitchen of the Month

Somehow I always seem to get way too caught up in fabrics, furniture, and accessories that I often unknowingly neglect kitchens on our blog.

But after seeing this "Kitchen of the Month" featured in January's House Beautiful, I just had to share. I really think I have found my DREAM kitchen.

I am often drawn to soothing, clean color palettes and this one fits that description to a tee.

Walls painted in Ben Moore's Beach Glass set the tone for this contemporary yet traditional kitchen.


I love white marble in a kitchen; however, when paired with white cabinets (while pretty) is way too simple for me. One of the best parts about this kitchen is that that it has deep espresso stained cabinets- a little more uncommon than traditional white.



I am captivated by those bright white ghost chairs pulled up against the sleek, contemporary dark wood table and stainless steel fireplace. This is my favorite picture of the kitchen by far.


And the 14 foot vaulted ceiling in the dining area? Don't even get me started! Gorgeous

I wouldn't change a thing about this kitchen- it really is perfection to me. This kitchen is going straight to my Style Book. Eileen Segalman- you're my hero.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful kitchen! That ceiling over the dining table is stunning. I definitely agree that a kitchen should have a soft and refreshing color palette. Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I agree, that kitchen IS perfection! I would change one thing, though....just because I adore fabric and like the warmth it brings to a space. I would switch out the blinds with roman shades with a very subdued print.

cassandra said...

vaulted dining? done and done. i absolutely love it!

Anonymous said...

off white t shirt
off white
off white hoodie outlet
chrome hearts
gap yeezy
hermes
pg 4
goyard bag
off white nike
off white nike