Jan 3, 2009

I Could Seriously Use Some Color Here...

With the holidays over and out and the scrambling to remember the incredible and crazy things that have happened over the last month, I could use a real dose of color while contemplating the next 4 months of winter here in the heartland.  Always rejuvenated by elements of design, my desire to get out of Dodge was put on hold while viewing this colorful NYC entryway painted white but illuminated by tinted lights in the home of style maven, Cynthia Rowley, courtesy of Elle Decor.
From the top of the 2009 Design Trend Forecast featuring Paris' bi-annual home furnishings trade show, The "Maison Et Objet,"a modern patchwork Hay's felt rug could not be more colorful and reminds me of a bunch of gum balls.  A whole lotta sunshine for a winters floor.  More on these top trends featured on Point Click.
And, just around the middle of February, when the gloom and gray really get to you, imagine this "Print" 3 seat sofa by Marcel Wanders for Moroso of Italy.  Winter might not seem like such a long season after all?!

6 comments:

Visual Vamp said...

Wisihing all the fab Material Girls a very Happy New Year, and looking forward to reading all of your combined posts in 2009!
xo xo

Juxtaposition Design said...

That sofa is unbelievably cool!

Happy New Year material girls!

Courtney said...

Ohhh I love love love color. Each time I've moved I've wanted to paint my walls white/grey for a calm interior. It never pans out because I can't break away from wanting to be surrounded by so many bright things. I guess that's calming to me!

Hoping you have a wonderful new years.

Julia B. Edelmann/Buckingham Interiors + Design said...

Happy New Year to you all as well!
Marcel Wanders creates the most beautiful things!

Anonymous said...

Cool sofa to add color... I also have found that adding trees to your room really adds color you never thought you needed until its there. My living room has one burnt orange wall and a tall ficus tree that makes the wall pop!
I get artificial trees from www.reflectionsgbg.com. They are so gorgeous and high quality.

anusha said...

wow, i like this sofa. Ulta chic.