Sep 9, 2008

Rock Candy



I've always had a thing for gemstones and rocks. As a little girl I had this awesome chunk of amethyst that I got from a quarry Leadville, Colorado. That forever sparked my interest in quarried rocks (I always wanted to stop at rock stores off the highway- weird, I know) and now "rock candy" is popping up all over the design world. I loooove the Tangerine Calcite lamp from Swank (seen above) with the touch o' lucite...perfection!

The Recycled Glass Cluster Lamp from Swank looks like it inspired by nature.
Jan Showers' Miles Lamp





The Budget Options...
Williams Sonoma Home Bookends @ the Pottery Barn Outlet in San Marcos (I think $69/pair)


Selentine Tealight Holders from Z Gallerie

Now I just have to save up for one of those fabulous lamps!

4 comments:

sandra/tx said...

Those are absolutely beautiful! Funny about the chunk from Leadville. I had one of those, too. LOL

Lauren said...

That's funny! I had to call my mom and get more details because I was very young when I went there.

Anonymous said...

Great lamps! They make me feel all tingly on the inside:)

Anonymous said...

I have recently seen some wonderful vintage lamps in bright colours which can be used as features in their own right - take a look at www.ansetapottery.com and hiandlomodern for some examples.